Who doesn’t love a good ice cream treat? Well, I honestly don’t care for ice cream personally but I have accepted that is not the norm. Everyone in this house loves ice cream, so when we can have a chance to go all out, we do! Here’s how you can host an ice cream social at home with family and even some friends too!
Caution Parents – feeding your kids too much ice cream and sugary toppings may lead to hyperactivity silliness and utter laughter until a sugar crash happens. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
This post totally contains affiliate links, just so you know.
For starters you must determine a date and time. Also, are you inviting any guests?
Pick up some invitation cards here and then have the kids hand them out to friends.
What toppings and ingredients will you need?
- Multiple flavors of ice cream.
- Ice cream sprinkles or jimmies as we call them.
- Caramel syrup.
- Chocolate syrup.
- Butterscotch syrup (my personal favorite).
- Pineapple slices, apple slices and strawberries work well too.
- Spoons, napkins and bowls.
You could always get real fancy and purchase your own ice cream maker to take this ice cream social to a whole new level with homemade ice cream. Just saying.
However will you setup this ice cream social?
- You will want a long table or at least one large enough to set out all of the toppings on. Perhaps place a tablecloth over the table, this way you can toss it out when the messy ice cream social event is over.
- Before your guests arrive have everything except the ice cream set out in its place with the spoons, bowls and napkins too.
- Once guests arrive and are ready to dig into the ice cream social items, you may get the ice cream out on the table.
- Take turns going around the table making your own fun creation. Make faces, monsters and all sorts of cute creations using the toppings.
- Have fun, enjoy yourself and remember eat ice cream responsibility.
Pro Tips –
- Do not host more than two ice cream social events per year, you will quickly find out that’s a boat load of sugar and not really a healthy idea to do on a monthly or weekly basis.
- Utilize all recycle products for utensils and bowls so that you can recycle versus having a ton of dishes to wash afterward.