Feeling Sluggish Today
Rat poison is, very obviously, poisonous to rats. But apparently not slugs? As it turns out, your favorite slimy insect is an avid fan of rat poison. According to this Reddit poster, it’s “like candy to them and it isn’t poisonous.” Now we know what to gift our local slug for his birthday – copious amounts of rat poison!
When you think about it, this fact is mind-boggling. Slugs are some of the most vulnerable creatures out there. They can literally dry up from lack of moisture. A kid can squish them with one step. And yet poison meant to kill a larger, more resilient animal is harmless to them. Who knew? Long live the slug!