Little kids like to do silly things when it comes to their pets. This little girl wanted to play beauty salon but she was an only child, so the only client available was her puppy. Her parents freaked out when they saw the family dog with red nails and warned their daughter that this could cause him to suffocate.
She eventually realized that painted nails and suffocating have no correlation whatsoever. But human nail polish contains chemicals that are dangerous to pets. Since dogs chew their nails, they could ingest the polish. Her parents could have just told her the truth to stop her from painting the dog’s nails.